Schedule an Appointment
While you're more than welcome to contact an Academic Advisor through email or telephone call to schedule an appointment, we also offer the following ways for you to directly choose and set an appointment time by viewing their availability.
*Please note that all appointments should be made at least a day in advance. If you'd like to see an Academic Advisor the same day, you are welcome to visit them during their open office hours.*
Using Outlook Calendar
- Log into your BYUH email .
- Click on the grid at the top left and select "Calendar."
- Click "New event" located below the grid at the top left.
- For the "Title" of the meeting, put your first and last name and ID number.
- On the "Invite attendees" line, type the name of the advisor you wish to meet with and select that advisor from the drop-down menu.
- Click on "Scheduling Assistant" at the top to check when they are available for appointments.*
- Select the day and time that works for both you and the advisor. Please ensure that your time zone settings are updated to reflect Hawaii Standard Time. You can click on the settings icon in the top right corner to make this change.
- Click "Done" at the top.
- Enter all the information you wish to discuss during the meeting into the comments box at the bottom. Example: Make a MAP, discuss transfer credit, apply for graduation, etc.
- Click "Send" at the top left to send a meeting request.
- Make sure to check your email! You will get an email if the advisor accepts or if the advisor hs additional questions or needs to propose a new meeting time.
* Be sure to make appointments only in white spaces. These are the advisors’ available times. (Not when it is shaded or says “busy”, “private”, “tentative”, etc.)*
Using PeopleGrove BYUH Ohana Network
- Go to the PeopleGrove website.
- Select "Join Our Community."
- Sign in with your school ID.
- Sign in with your BYUH username and password.
- Click “ADVISING.”
- Click “Book Meeting” with your advisor.
- Click “Academic Advising—15 min or Academic Advising—30 min.
- Click “Continue.”
- Select a day.
- Select a time slot and "Continue" (The default time zone is Mountain Standard. See instructions to change time zone if needed*).
- Select "Video Call" and "Continue."
- Fill out your information and "Continue."
- Leave a message for your advisor (optional).
- Click “Book this Meeting.”
- Click “Okay.”
- You will get two email notifications from the Ohana Network. You will get one email notification immediately, and the second notification before your appointment day. The second email will provide you with a link to meet with your advisor. You can click the link to start the video chat when you are ready.
- If you want to cancel or reschedule your appointment: go to inbox, view and reschedule. Choose "Meeting Details" or "Cancel Request".
*How to change your time zone
- Click on your profile photo in the top right corner.
- Go to "My Preferences."
- Choose “Account” from the left-hand side menu.
- Click "Change" under "My Timezone" and select "Pacific/Honolulu" in order to be on Hawaii Standard Time.
- Click "Update" to save new timezone.