Visual Arts, TESOL, Secondary Education:
Art Education, Biology Education, Business Education,
Chemistry Education, English Education, Exercise Science Education, History Education, Math Education, Physical Science Education,
Physics Education, Social Science Education, TESOL Education
How to Request an Appointment with an Advisor
**Please note that appointments should be made at least a day in advance. If you'd like to see an advisor the same day, you are welcome to visit their office during their open hours.**
- Log into your BYUH email.
- Click on the grid at the top left and select "calendar."
- Click "New event" located below the grid at the top left.
- For the "title" of the meeting, put your first and last name and ID number.
- On the "Invite attendees" line, type the name of the advisor you wish to meet with and select that advisor from the drop-down menu.
- Click on "scheduling assistant" at the top to check when they are available for appointments.*
- Select the day and time that works for both you and the advisor. Please ensure that your time zone settings are updated to reflect Hawaii Standard Time. You can click on the settings icon in the top right corner to make this change.
- Click "done" at the top.
- Enter all the information you wish to discuss during the meeting into the comments box at the bottom. Example: Make a MAP, discuss transfer credit, apply for graduation, etc.
- Click "Send" at the top left to send a meeting request.
- Make sure to check your email! You will get an email if the advisor accepts or if the advisor hs additional questions or needs to propose a new meeting time.
*Be sure to make appointments only in white spaces. These are the advisors’ available times. (Not when it is shaded or says “busy”, “private”, “tentative”, etc.)