Skip to main content

Advisors FAQ

  • Toggle Item
    What are the beginning and end dates for your semesters?
    Please see the University's Academic Calendar for the most updated information on important dates to remember for each semester.
  • Toggle Item
    How many credits do I need to be a full-time student?
    Students are required to register for 12 credits during fall and winter semesters and eight credits in the spring semester to be full-time. However, students awarded University Merit Scholarships are required to complete 14 credits during fall and winter semesters and nine credits during the spring.

    This does not include government aid. Please see Financial Aid & Scholarship for more information.
  • Toggle Item
    I thought I cleared my hold, but it is still on my account. Who should I talk to?
    Each department is responsible for clearing their own holds/restrictions. Please check with the department who placed the hold on your account. They are the only ones who can remove it.
  • Toggle Item
    How do I cancel my admittance (defer my acceptance due to a mission)?
    Please see the Cancellation of Admittance page for instructions or contact the Ho'okele Department for more information.
  • Toggle Item
    What are my academic options if I have serious health problems or other complications?
    All students are expected to attend all three semesters each year and graduate within their four-year allotment. Occasionally, circumstances may require/allow one of the following academic options:

    * Part-Time (PT)

    * Medical Reduced Course Load (MRCL)

    * Last Semester Reduced Course Load (LRCL)

    * Leave of Absence (LOA)

    * Discontinuance

    For the full details of these options, please visit our Academic Options page.
  • Toggle Item
    Who should I see about internships?
    Students should meet with the internship coordinator assigned to their major to discuss requirements, deadlines, and applications. For a complete listing of internship coordinators and additional information on internships, please log-in to Handshake.

    For more help, you can also visit with your academic advisor or Career Services.
  • Toggle Item
    How do I order transcripts?
    Official transcripts are available through the National Student Clearinghouse website. For additional information on transcripts, please see Transcripts Services.